Before you start browsing the frequently asked questions, we invite you to try our search engine above. It might speed up your search.

Have a question about living in the city of Arlington?
The following list of Frequently Asked Questions may help you find the answer.

Quality of Life

  • Where can I find out how to set up utility accounts, along with other information for newcomers?
  • I have a problem with a city service.
  • I want to report an environmental problem:
    • Drinking Water - 817-459-5900
    • Sanitary Sewer - 817-459-5900
    • Water Pollution in Creeks - 817-459-6550
    • Air Quality -TCEQ - 817-588-5800
    • Indoor Air Quality - Texas Dept. of Health - 817-264-4500
    • Asbestos - Texas Dept. of Health - 817-264-4500
  • Tell me about my public library.
  • I need information about city-owned recreational facilities.
  • I want to adopt a pet.
  • How can I contact the U.S. Postal Service?
    Arlington's main Post Office is located at 300 E. South St. in Arlington. Call 1-800-275-8777 for information.
  • On what days will Republic Services not be picking up garbage?
    No garbage or recycling pickups are scheduled for the following holidays:
    New Year's Day
    Fourth of July
    Labor Day
    Thanksgiving Day

Bills & Tickets

  • I have a question about my water bill.
  • I have a question about a parking ticket.
    Contact Municipal Court at 817-275-5970.


Health Issues

Legal Matters

  • We want to get married.
    Contact the Arlington Sub-Courthouse at 817-548-3928.


  • What incentives is the city offering to help my business?
  • I need a license for my business.
    Contact Building Inspections Office at 817-275-3271.

Public Safety

  • I have information about a crime.
  • Stadium Area Crime Analysis (pdf)
  • How can I contact a speaker on public safety for my school/organization/neighborhood?
    Contact the Police Dept. Community Services Division at 817-459-5725.

Permits & Licenses

  • How do we get a marriage license?
    Contact the Arlington Sub-Courthouse at 817-548-3928.

Social Services

  • I am in need of housing assistance.
    Contact the Housing Assistance Office at 817-275-3351.


  • I need city government information for a special project on which I am working.
  • I would like to invite members of the City Council to an event given by my organization.
  • How can I contact my Council representative?
  • I would like to e-mail the Mayor.
  • I would like to e-mail the City Manager.
  • Can I fly a City of Arlington flag at my home or business?
    The City of Arlington Flag Ordinance gives permission to fly the City of Arlington flag at a home or business. However, the City of Arlington logo, which is on the flag, may not be copied from the flag and used in other ways.
  • How do I get permission to use the City of Arlington logo?
    Submit a “Request for Permission to use the City's Logo” form with the Management Resources Department - Office of Communication.