Permit And Operational Requirements

Foods produced in a residential or non-commercial kitchen may not be distributed to the public. All producing kitchens must hold a current health permit.

A City of Arlington Temporary Food Establishment Permit is NOT REQUIRED when:

NOTE: Sampling is considered an open food product and requires a City of Arlington Temporary Food Establishment Permit.

A City of Arlington Temporary Food Establishment Permit is REQUIRED when:

All wastewater, including water from hand wash stations or ice displays must be disposed of at a sanitary sewer location. Wastewater cannot be disposed of on the ground or in the storm drain.

Should you require additional information, please contact Health Services at 817-459-6693. 

Cottage Food Production Operation

Cottage food production operations are regulated by the Department of State Health Services (DSHS) under the Texas Administrative Code Rule 229.661. Please review the requirements and restrictions found under the DSHS website if you believe that your food business qualifies as a cottage food production operation.

To learn about setting up a cottage food production operation of your own, consider the online course provided by Texas A&M AgriLife Extension, "Cooking Up a Cottage Food Business."

Additional information can be found on the Useful Links (Health) page in the side bar.