The City of Arlington’s Public Works Department manages the public stormwater system that collects and conveys stormwater runoff from developed and undeveloped properties in the City. The public stormwater system consists of man-made channels, detention ponds, underground storm drain pipes, curb inlets, flumes, roadside ditches, and culverts. The City cannot perform repairs or other work in privately maintained areas such as apartment complexes, shopping centers, and HOAs.

Types of drainage concerns to report:

  • Home flooding
  • Street ponding and flooding
  • Clogged or slow draining inlets
  • Debris jams or obstructed flow in channels or creeks
  • Bar ditch grading
  • Damage to the public stormwater system

Types of Environmental Concerns:

  • Stormwater Ordinance Violations
  • Water quality concerns
  • Illegal dumping of trash and debris into the storm drainage system
  • Hazardous material/chemical spills
  • Sanitary sewer overflows.
  • Illegal pool discharge

Stormwater concerns or violations can be reported to the Public Works Department at 817-459-6550 or contact the Action Center at 817-459-6777 or online at Ask Arlington Complaint System.
If you are reporting an emergency that could result in imminent danger to the health and safety of persons or property, please call 911.