The City of Arlington's Health Services provides services to citizens to reduce the incidence of preventable illness and disease within the city.

 Health Services provides the following services:

  1. Conducts plan review and inspections of all food establishments and child care centers
  2. Issues permits for all food establishments, child care centers, temporary food events, mobile food trucks, push carts, summer feeding programs, public swimming pools, and on-site sewage facilities
  3. Performs sanitation inspections of hotels
  4. Investigates health related complaints
  5. Registers Certified Food Managers (CFM)
  6. Facilitates management of mosquito borne disease surveillance program - Target Ground Spraying (MSDS)

Click on the topics below to learn more about our services:

Mobile Food Trucks and Catering Truck Permits

To apply for a Food Truck/Mobile Food Unit Permit, please apply at

The City of Arlington's Health Services performs inspections of all mobile food trucks and catering trucks for mobile food establishment operating permits. The inspections are conducted at City Hall, 101 W. Abram Street by appointment only. Permitting inspections can be made after the application and all application documents are submitted online at and have passed review.  For questions about Fire Department requirements, please call 817-459-5539.

Click here for additional information about Food Truck/Mobile Food Unit permits.

Click here to see the list of currently permitted Food Trucks and Caterers in the City of Arlington.

If you are an Event Organizer and would like to be added to the monthly distribution email of Food Trucks and Caterers for the City of Arlington, please contact Bill O'Toole by clicking here.

Report a Health Violation

Report a violation online by clicking here to Contact Ask Arlington. 

Online Services

Online services that are available through include the payment of Child Care Center permits and Food Establishment permits.

You may also apply for the following permits and registrations online.

  • Annual, Seasonal and Temporary Mobile Food Unit (Food Truck) Permits
  • Commercial Catering Truck Permits
  • Mobile Pushcarts (prepackaged frozen treats)
  • Temporary, Seasonal and Farmers' Market Food Establishment Permits
  • Food Manager Registration
  • Child Care Worker Registration
  • Child Care Trainer Registration
  • Summer Food Service Provider Organization Registration
  • Summer Food Service Site Permits

To receive invoices and permits via email, please contact
Bill O'Toole, Health Services Analyst by email
or at 817-459-6693.

Location of Health Services

City Hall
Planning and Development Services
101 W. Abram St., 2nd floor
Arlington, TX 76010

Phone: 817-459-6502
Fax: 817-459-6669

Click here for map & driving directions